CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kiddos

James is going to be a good dad. He was never around kids growing up. He's an only child. Has 1 cousin that is much older and he wasn't around him much, 1 cousin his age, and 1 cousin that is like 11 or something- so way younger then him. He is in the business world so no kids there. Then he met me. I worked in the Preschool at church, taught kindergarten, worked as a day camp counselor, and babysit some- oh and my best friend and roommate prior to marriage has a son who is 5 1/2 now. Over the last couple of years, as he has been exposed more and more- he grows softer and softer, in a wonderful way. He came to my classroom 2 weeks ago and he did such a great job. He "learned" how to do calendar- the kids taught him, he did marker boards with them and read a story. They were so excited and so engaged. When he got up to leave, he told them "how proud he was of them for their hard work" and gave then high 5's. I of course raced across the room to be ready with the antibacterial lotion because I figured he'd be grossed out by the germs but he hadn't even thought of it. He still put some on since I had it out. :-) We have also been babysitting a couple of little girls 4 & 6... he does so well with them too. I am just excited for when the Lord does put it in our hearts to start the next stage of family! We're not ready yet and we are both very happy where we are but 3 instead of 2 will be good too! :-) (Maybe we'll jump from 2 to 4- I ask God for twins in prayers from time to time when I think about... When we do decide to have kids... NOT NOW!!! LOL)

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear that he is doing so well around your class and the kids that your babysitting. It's surprising how the only children always seem to grow up to be the most compassionate parents!! Have fun 'trying' even though you're not trying to have babies!! heehee :o)