Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday the 16th but felt like Friday the 13th (if I actually believed in all that mumbo-jumbo)

So, first off, I'm exhausted. I stayed up last night reading till midnight. So not complaining about it though. I really enjoy reading. I wish I did it more often. Hopefully this all make sense...

Yesterday was Davis Deep Clean day! I really didn't deep clean but I got rid of all our 'piles'. James was very thankful, he hates them. We moved our desk so that we could have more room to put up our fun little Christmas tree. In doing so, I found some picture frames that I'm not using at home right now (I'm out of places to put them). So, I took it to school. This morning I took it out of my bag to put a picture in and have up in my classroom. It was dusty and so I took the glass out of the frame and started to wipe it off and sliced the inside of my right index & middle finger right above a joint.. ouch! I don't have a sink in my classroom so I went to the nurse's office to wash and bandage. I get all doctored up and head back to class. Lately, I've really been beating up my hands. It's like I don't know where they are exactly and they get hit on everything.
So right after lunch I go to stop by the nurse's office again to see if one of my students stopped by to get his meds (it's his first day and I have a student teacher). As I go to walk out of her office into the school office, I walk out of the door, shut it normally behind me and BAM! What in the world... something hit me in the head. I was in shock. A clock fell off the wall and freaking hit me in the top of my head. I didn't know what to do. I just kind of stood there in silence holding my head with one hand, the other on the counter, just trying to figure out what just happened. The nurse came out and checked my head, no blood but an automatic red spot and bump. She gave me some ice and i got to have a headache all day long. Pretty crazy say. Cheri, in the office was impressed that I didn't use any profanity or cry. I didn't say anything because i didn't know what to say, i was in shock and I didn't cry because it took everything in me not to... and I was using everything. it really hurt. Anyway, all is well. I didn't go workout tonight, at the advice of the nurse and I'm just laying on the couch now. it was a weird day. :-)