CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Okay, this time I am for real...


We are officially engaged! Yup, I said it. He has said it... I have a "fiance" ...pretty exciting!!!!

He is so sweet. Yesterday (Saturday) James suggested we go play soccer at the park... I was like ummm- No! (I'm sick and that just wasn't going to happen!) So, today he was kind of quiet all day. I thought something was wrong. And so anyway- John Adams called James twice (or so I thought because that is who he told me was calling)... and he ignored it both times. I was like "Go call him back- it could be important" So he said he would and went outside?!? I was like whatever- he is up to something. BUT I didn't want to think that way so I prayed to Jesus and asked for Him to remove the very thoughts from my brain and for me to remember that God has the most perfect plan for James and I and that I need to to worry about it.... it will happen when it happens. And so He blessed me with the answers to my pray and it was gone from my brain! James came back and we got ready to go to a picnic. But James being funny- looking at his phone for the time constantly. But again, God protected me and I thought nothing of it at the time. By the way- somewhere in there, James suggest we go on a picnic and then to dinner before church. This is a typical James thing- not so much going on a picnic but not knowing that your supposed to eat on a picnic. He's never been on one before so again I thought nothing of it. :-) We go to the park and picked out a spot in the shade and laid out our blanket. He sat down and I laid my head in his lap and ate some string cheese... I hadn't eaten all day long (I was too busy reading to think about food.) Once I finished, he asked me if I were finished and he then asked me if we had been dating for 15 month or 16 months. I said 16 and he went on with a bunch of sweet nothings... like how much he loved me, how he has loved every minute of our 16 months and how he wants to love me forever.... you know- all those things! It was great. But just a little background info- we say those things all the time. So at this point and I wondering... Is this just him talking or is this where he is going to ask me to marry him?!? I had no clue. Oh yeah by the way- the park we were at was where we met!!!! So anyway, he then kind of hinted for me to sit up and turn around to look at him, so I did. And he told me he loved me and asked me to marry him and of course I said yes! He was so nervous, it was so cute. I have never seen him like that before. Craziness. So, then he prayed for us and our future. He had also planned for us to meet with some of our friends that had been praying for us for pizza at Palio's before church. That was awesome as well!

So that's our story! I love it and love God for writing it... He makes NO mistakes!!!!

2 comments:

the corsos said...

Congratulations, my friend! Can't wait to hug your face on Wednesday!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, new blog look!

Congrats on the engagement... I am so happy for you two. Can't wait to see the ring... hope to run into you at church Sunday!