CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Clean up on ISLE 7"

As many of you know James and I go to The Village Church and are part of a young marrieds group that meets on Wednesday nights. It was a rocky start for US in the beginning of the group. I think we had our expectations set too high- especially for a totally new group- not just new to us. So we sucked for a while, not going, going with a negative attitude, blah blah blah... James and the husband leader went to breakfast one day the Lord broke James' heart for the group. He came home with a whole new attitude... a good one. It took me a day or so to get on board with this idea of being positive- this was a new one for James and I- I am the positive one and he's the it's going to be bad one... again, it took me a while to swallow it down. :-) But I did and it taste good. I woke up and the Lord had just flipped my heart and I have it in me to pursue these women and men. There are 8 couples in our group and I look forward to getting to know so much! Our group is diligently working to do things to bring us closer together and getting to know one another on many different levels. People are trying to get together throughout the weeks, we are playing on an indoor soccer team, Isle 7 (I will speak of this in a minute), we will float the river in August, people are opening up their homes, ect... I am excited!!!

ISLE 7... this is the name we decided on last night to call or soccer team. Side note- I don't play soccer and never have a day in my life but I will now! We all sat around last night after eating, talking, and helping a couple prepare for their mission trip, and we tried to come up with a team name. Of course being true villagers, we started with The Village People, Villagites and so on... then animal names- Sea Cows, Octopuses, ect... Transformers, Dinosaurs, some Monty Python reference I didn't get but I laughed anyway, The Princess Brides things... you name it. Mason declared that NO ONE WAS LEAVING TILL WE CAME UP WITH A NAME... so we decided on The Toiletries! haha and on the back of our shirts we were going to put toiletries instead of our names... Cotton Balls, Q-Tips, Veet, Super Absorbent, Hair Spray, Depends, ect... Then we thought we should change it up just a little because these things were not really "toiletries"... The Medicine Cabinet? No... we came up with ISLE 7. Like in a grocery store. hehe. James is depends and I am E.P.T. and instead of a number on my back I'll just be a - sign (negative). There are some good names- I don't remember them all bc we threw out so many but it's funny and people are going to laugh- we sure did. I am curious to plug in my body bugg and see if all the laughing burned some extra calories... or if it's even enough to show up. Anyway, we'll be playing indoor soccer on Friday nights wearing black shirts with white writing... clean up on ISLE 7 please! ....wait- James says it's okay- he's wearing his depends.

3 comments:

Christina said...

heya - it's on the Twitter website, you update on there and it shows up on your blog.

B-HO said...

CASEY!!!I had NO idea that you even had a blog!!I love your blog you are a really great writer---and so transparent!!I miss you!!That book about Apology looks really good and convicting at the same time...I LOVE YOU!!

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

You are HILARIOUS! Funny girl...sounds like your in the right small group!!