CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

Summer is a great time. Being a teacher I getting to take full advantage of the weather and summer time activites. For summer, I have agreed to take on a babysitting/nanny position working for my best friend Sara. So far, so good. She has a really flexible schedule so my schedule has become quite flexible as well. There are days I watch Andrew 10 hours and others I have him for 2 hours and some- none! :-) There are also a couple of weeks where I am watching a student that was in my class. Of all my students, this is the one that I came really close to approaching his mom to see if she needed summer care for him. I think there are only 2 weeks though that she does. So, life this summer has been fun. I nannied for a family last summer and it just wasn't what I felt like a summer should be and I just didn't enjoy my work.

Watching Andrew has some benefits. He's a really good, smart kid and can be taken pretty much anywhere. He is respectful and he knows his place a child and not an adult. Sara has taken really good care of him and taught him well. So, with him, I can make plans with other people- friends, co-workers, family, ect... It's nice. I would never take advantage and fully just do that but once a week or so it's awesome.

Marriage- nice.... difficult. Two becoming one... two very different, stubborn people becoming one... that's a concept. lol. James and I have had our ups and downs. I know all is for the glory of God. But man, some days it's like WHAT ARE WE THINKING?!?! lol. We are both crap at times. We love (I mean we hate but we do it all the time!) to jab at one another. I am horrible at forgivness and I don't apoligze the way that works for him and vise versa. I bought a book, The Five Languages of Apology: How to Experience Healing in All Your Relationships by Gary Chapman. I've read a whole part of a chapter so far but I think it will be good for me. :-) I also bought a Song of Songs devo for James and I. I like it because it's not like a daily thing where you feel guilty if you didn't do it- it's just whenever but do it as much as you can kind of thing. :-) I've been reading The Time Traveler's Wife. This is an execellent book to ready for pure enjoyment. I am almost finished with it. There is a movie coming out in December and I am excited to see what they do with it. Yea! Now if only they would make a movie from Redeeming Love! :-)
This summer James and I are going on a light, week long vacation to Arkansas. His mom has a timeshare that she is not using this year so she has offerred it to us. It will be nice to get out of town right before I go back to work. We don't have to pay for the lodging- just our food and anything we do or rent. James and I have become such penny pinchers that we don't want to go on any vacation or go do some things because "it just cost so much." lol. I guess we'll just have lots of money when it comes time to retire. hehe. But I think we are going to rent a boat one day (the palce is on Lake Hamilton), get a massage/go to bathhouse row, eat some good food and look at some pottery James likes a lot. We can have up to 4 others there with us- we just don't know who to ask to go with us?!? I know one couple we would love to have there can't go.. dumb internships get in the way! hehe ;-)
Our apartment has come a long way. I have sucked it up at getting pictures posted- sorry- guess you'll just have to come over and hang out some time! hehe. :-)
Anyway- back to watching Iron Man (the cartoon) with Jacob! Hope you're having a blessed week!

0 comments: