CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, July 04, 2008

A Circle Has No End...

I have a friend, I would say one of the best friends I've ever had- and I've had some good ones. She has this love for the Lord, is fun, energetic, honest, goofy most of the time, but serious when it is needed. I love being around her and just talking to her. She is the reason, mostly, why I keep AT&T instead of going to Verizon, what my husband has. (I talk to her on the phone way more then him.) About a year ago, she had a friend, a guy friend, that started to become more then that. He is a great guy, in fact James and I love him! He pursued her and was always honest with her about his intentions for their relationship. A few months after they officially began dating, his job would require him to leave the country for a number of months. My friend, has never met someone she would even consider saying the "L" word with let alone say the "M" word. She had met her match- as we sat on our couch giggling about our boys, we were both dropping the words left and right! Of course at the time, I was engaged to be Married to the one I will Love forever! He requested for her to look at some rings! She was nervous but so excited. Her nerves true to form because, wow, they had only been dating for a couple of months. I would be scared too, hell, I had been dating James for almost a year and a half and I was nervous! hehe. :-) Anyway, time came for him to actually leave and she couldn't do it. Seven to eight months is a long time. Could she do it? Was he really the one? How would she know if he's gone this whole time and they get married pretty dang close to the time he got back? So, she ended things. It was difficult. Very sad. But freeing. As time went by she went on dates. No one caught her attention really. A few "maybes" but no one was worth it. She kept going back to him in her mind. And they started talking online.... on the phone.... and her heart strings were pulling at her. It's been him all along. The Lord used this time apart to confirm everything. He is the one! He feels it, she feels it. She gets those silly butterflies when he calls... she gets upset when he doesn't...not like mad but ya know! We've been praying for him and them together! He has requested us to help him. One of my request has been to take her ring shopping. My first thought is "I've never been ring shopping! James did it all on his own. I was freaking out because I thought he hadn't been and he had the dang ring for a month and a half before he even proposed because he didn't know how to stinking do it!" Anyway, Robbin's Brothers is by our house and so yesterday my friend and I ventured on over that way. She doesn't know what she wants, what to look for, or have a clue as to where to begin. On top of all that- she is nervous as can me, scared to even try a ring on her finger (her excuse the whole time was "I think it's too small, I'm scared it's going to get stuck!") Drew, our fabulous salesman (James and I both bought our rings from him) wouldn't have it. He demanded she put out her hand and slipped several rings on her finger trying to find one that was just "okay". Drew says, "Okay isn't forever." My friend and I have very different taste. We respect the others likes and it's funny how one ring looks so fabulous on one girls hand and so blah on anothers. Who knew?!? She found one that she likes... and that's it. Drew and boyfriend have to take it from there. She wants to know nothing else from this point forward. Which is exciting! I will get to see her and be with her through this whole process. She was so goofy in the store starting with pulling into the parking garage. "where do I go? I park here? Oh my gosh, I can't believe I am doing this?" Walking up 2 flights of stairs to the actual store, she's joking about passing out, running back to the car and leaving me there, ect... Like I said, she had a hard time putting a ring on her finger just to see. I loved it all. Drew did a good job of diffusing her and calming her down and making her feel okay about everything. So anyway, please pray for my friends. Pray for a safe return home for our friend overseas. For my friend here, her family, and just for God to continue to bless and show His way for her. And for them, together. That it all be sanctioned by Him and they do have many blessings! Or if they are not meant to be together that He end it RIGHT NOW! That it be as obvious as the nose on their faces that they should not pursue another day! I will keep you all updated! :-)

1 comments:

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

Sounds like GREAT fun. I am so glad that you both have each other to use as 'support' for this. What an exciting time.