CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Moldy Garlic

YEEEEEEEAAAAH!!!!!!!

For the past month or so there has been this smell in my kitchen, which if you've been here means a nasty smell in my kitchen, dining room, and living room! Ugh! And I feel this smell was causing gnats to sworm our home. We have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of the smell and the soon to be dead stupid annoying flying things. I took every single thing off the counter scrubbed it, windexed it, and then used a lysol wipe to disinfect it. Put ALL the fruit away, so that non of it out in the open. I would run HOT water down the disposal with a lemon cleaner. We bought a gnat killer thingy from Lowes and burned about a million candles trying to mask the small. Anyway, finally Sara was over yesterday and I used my sniffer to sniff around again and it wasn't from the sink, the dishwasher, oven, stove, but finally I felt like I knew it was coming from a certain cabinet so I began pulling out spice after spice. A plastic ziploc back with 2 garlic cloves sealed shut but with an awful stinch. Apparently you shouldn't seal a bag with garlic in it. It holds moisture and creats mold that smells! It now has been trashed and the smell is gone! The gnats are diminishing!

YEEEEEEEAAAAH!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

hahahahaha..im so glad you figured out the source of the stinch! my favorite resale shops are "reThreads", "clotheshore anonomys", and a couple in plano (i forgot their names!) i'll get my list and let you know! maybe we can go sometime!

Meagan White said...

Casey that is so funny that you finally found the smell! I'm happy for you :)