CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Light of a New Day

Today was definitely much better. Woke up... after sleeping in with James. Not too long though- just like 40 minutes which basically means we didn't go work out. lol. James dropped me off at work. That was a nice surprise. Got a kiss goodbye at work and not at home. That was a blessed send off for me day. Denise was back at work. That was nice too. I enjoy the people I work with so I miss them when they are gone. :-) We went to Richardson HS this morning to watch a student play. The kids did wonderfully on the bus. This was their first field trip. We didn't take any parents either. Props to my kiddies. The bus was on time, if not early and heated! I was a bit nervous about the cold. We watched "Charlotte's Web". Last year we saw a version of The Big Bad Wolf's version of what happened in the 3 Little Pigs. That was much better. Shhh... don't tell anyone I said that. Since we didn't get back to the school till around 11, we missed lunch and had to eat in our classroom. Again, my kids did pretty good. They didn't destroy my floor or the tables. I was pleasantly surprised and I'll put money on it the janitor appreciates it... but I don't think she appreciated snack time... ooops. Then we had a much needed computer lab time. :-D 45 minutes of peace and quiet! Then back to class to learn for the first time today. We read The Gingerbread Boy, The Cookie Girl, and The Gingerbread Man. After all 3 stories, we talked about the order and the kids did an sequencing activity while eating a gingerbread cookie. :-) The middle school came over for a choir performance to end our day early and it was all over. I am in much need of a break. I always come back so refreshed, and not to mention running full force in January. Alexis and I stood around talking for a bit and she brought me home. James heard from the shop today about the truck. They said it wasn't shaking anymore and the light when off by the time they got to it... they are going to drive it again tomorrow and double check but that's some good news. That can only come from Jesus. I guess we both needed some humbling and a little shaking. Life can't be good all the time can it?!? lol. Then I took a long nap till James got home. :-) What a nice day of nothings. No excitement in either direction. ;-)

God bless you all!

0 comments: