CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Randomness...

Happy post Christmas! I hope everyone is gearing up for the new year! :-)
We had a good one. Went out to James' grandparents house in Sipe Springs, TX. It's in the middle of no where if you were wondering. His mom and step dad were present along with his grandparents and his 2 cousins. It's very quiet out there. We just stayed a couple of days and came home. We kind of like home. For Christmas I gave James Fable 2 on Xbox and we have no Xbox. I also told his grandmother and mom to go ahead and get him GameStop gift cards so he could buy an Xbox. Kind of my way of saying- "Go ahead, I don't mind." James and his mom gave me a sewing machine. Exciting. I asked for one. Kind of nervous about it though. I haven't sewed in some time and we don't really have room for me to set it up and leave it out. I have sewed enough to know that it's not something you can usually start and finish in one sitting without making a massive mess. James doesn't like a mess or any type of pile- organized or not organized. We'll see how this goes... or I just might wait to see if we stay in our apartment or move to a new one later in the spring. I don't want to wait though. Mom is bringing me scrap fabric and getting me some other goodies for my birthday so I can play and get to know the machine. It does all kinds of stuff. Fun. Fun. Fun.
I don't know if you can actually see what this says but these are pictures that say all the things this machine can do. Good Luck- it's the best I got! :-)
Today we went on a little shopping spree and didn't spend a penny from our budget! YIPPIE! how did we do that you might ask? Well, I've been saving some of our wedding returns and gift cards for a rainy day and well- that was today. I think we're down to like 23$ or something, which if you knew what we started with you might be in shock! Here is what we got:
I have Pyrex but no casserole dishes so I got one for tomorrow. Mom & Dad are coming down for lunch.
We have the professional hd mixer and now I can slice my veggies effortlessly- why did we get new knives (also purchased on gift card) a while back? hehe. And we were going to get this 3 set attachment box but James found the next item and I had cut back... what a good compromiser I am...
A Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker... oohh lala... come to our house and we'll make ya something cold... but give us plenty of notice, once we opened it and read the instructions we realized it takes a long time to make everything- it may go back just for that reason! lol. (Then I'll get the other 2 attachments!)

So tomorrow we're spending New Year's with Brenna & Mason! We're excited. A little Dave & Busters and just hanging out! This is all after Mom & Dad leave of course. :-) We'll take some pictures! Yeah!

And for my birthday on Sunday, we're going to go to Blue Mesa's Sunday Brunch with friends. I am looking forward to that one. We got a "Birthday Brunch on Us" coupon in the e-mail. I've never been but I have heard fabulous things.

May God Bless your new year and all to come! :-)

0 comments: