CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Torturous Tuesday

Is this week really still just beginning? Is it really only just Tuesday? I hope today was not an indicator for our last 3 days before Christmas break.
This morning James and I got in a fight at 6am... let me tell you, fights are no fun anyway but at 6am and on less sleep then normal... HORRID!

Then I was running late in getting ready for the above reason, so my hair is in a knot, I have the least amount of make up on then I've gone in with all year, and I am in jeans and a sweatshirt. There isn't anything cute about me today.

Then I go to get in the truck and it's freaking starts vibrating WAY more then it should. And about half way out of the parking garage I see engine light flashing... again HORRID. This is when I pulled over and called James, not in a very good mood mind you. He requested that I not drive it to work and park it back in the garage. I of course was like how am I going to get to work and sarcastically I responded, "I am not in the mood for sarcasm, please do not use it with me." This should tell you exactly what kind of place I was in. :-/ He offered to leave work (in Uptown) and come pick me up. I asked him not to leave yet. I called 4 people and no one answered- including the school office. Finally Alexis called me back but we were thinking it probably was not a good idea for her to come get me- that would mean all 3 kinder classes would be without a teacher. Then Mackie (my principal) beeped in- she was to the school already but graciously turned around and came to pick me up. [Side note: This is very common of anyone at my school- drop exactly what they are doing and helping someone else. I mean who can call their boss to come pick them up last minute?!? I am so blessed!] So we roll up after the 7:50 bell and as we are walking in, Mackie slips on the ice. It looked like she hit hard but she said she was okay. I wish I could have caught her but I am much too slow. She said she was okay. I hope she isn't hurting now. I feel bad, like if I hadn't of called her to come get me, she might now have fallen. So after she got up in good spirits and okay, I pick up my broken purse. :-( Not a big deal, it cost me a whole 10 bucks, but bummer. I guess I get to go buy a new one now. That is the only good thing that came out of pre-10am. We walk by some parents drinking their coffee in the freezing cold... burr... and I go to class. Alexis is doing her best (which is dang good) to hold down all 3 forts! hehe. I try to talk to her to tell her about all that had happened so far just to say it all out loud but the kids were to crazy. :-( Then a parent comes to have a serious chat in the hall (20 students running a muck unsupervised in the class) about what had happened the day before. Those conversations are always hard to have but man, when you're in a mood like I was in... awful! hehe. But all was squared away and good to go. Then I get to chat with 2 students about stealing and lying. This took a bit because I really wanted to get my point across. One of the kiddos shocked me. I couldn't believe it. Then my computer lab time had been jacked... with my permission but I really could have used those 45 minutes of peace & quiet. I am not a fan of SRI week. I have to get my times too--- also required by the district.


.....anything else? I'm sure there was more I just don't remember. So that is why my Tuesday was so bad. It did get a bit better. James got off work to look at the truck and ended up taking it in to get professionally looked up. This also meant we got to spend some time together that usually doesn't happen. And I got a little time with Brenna & Allison! Secrets Secrets there. Shhh!! ;-)


Tomorrow has to be better. Prayers were much needed and I thank those of you that did pray today and those of you that pray often for us. :-)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Have you set a counseling session yet??

The Davis Duet said...

Yes, we went last week and have our second appointment tomorrow evening.

How are you doing?