CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, December 22, 2008

Pumpkin Curry Soup

My mother-in-law, Beverly made this soup for our Christmas Dinner on the Davis side. It is soooo good. Thank you Bev for sending this to me. I made it today for Brenna for lunch and she approves as well. Here ya go- try it!

Pumpkin Curry Soup (makes 6 servings)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup (small) chopped onion
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1 can (15 oz) Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin*
1 can (12 oz) Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk*

MELT butter in large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring frequentl, 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper, cook 1 minute.
ADD broth and pumpkin, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk. Transfer mixture to food processor or blend (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth. Serve warm.

This is really good. I didn't buy the brands it called for because they didn't have them at Whole Foods and what I got worked just fine. I think, if I remember correctly, this is from Martha Stuart and she, I am guessing, would back certain brands. :-) Also, remember when you put your lid on your blender to mix, the steam needs somewhere to go- it can explode. Mine did. :-) I had fun cleaning! haha.

1 comments:

Brenna said...

This soup is fantastic. Brought some for lunch and since my boss has a sore throat I generously offered to share (even though I didn't want to)...he leapt at the offer, tasted it, and said it was "awesome"...he even asked for the recipe.